LECTURES & MASTERCLASSES 2013
Seminar for International Corporate Governance Network - ICGN - Responsible Investing Programme Module 4
ESG Reporting: Obligation and Disclosure
Friday 4 October 2013 08:30 -10:30
Cape Town International Convention Centre, Cape Town, South Africa, 3-4 October 2013 (Limited to 25 people)
Hosted by the IoD Southern Africa and endorsed by the Johannesburg Stock Exchange. Sponsored by the Public Investment Corporation
About International Corporate Governance Network - ICGN
An investor-led organisation of governance professionals, ICGN's mission is to inspire and promote effective standards of corporate governance to advance efficient markets and economies world-wide. We do this through three core activities:
- Influencing policy by providing a reliable source of practical knowledge and experiences on corporate governance issues, thereby contributing to a sound regulatory framework and a mutual understanding of interests between market participants;
- Connecting peers and facilitating cross-border communication among a broad constituency of market participants at international conferences and events, virtual networking and through other media; and
- Informing dialogue amongst corporate governance professionals through the publication of policies and principles, exchange of knowledge and advancement of education world-wide
The ICGN incorporated as a company limited by guarantee under the law of England and Wales in January 2008 and, as such, limits the liability of members to one pound sterling.
Responsible Investing Programme
- 3-4 October 2013 (Limited to 25 people)
- Hosted by the IoD Southern Africa and endorsed by the Johannesburg Stock Exchange
- Sponsored by the Public Investment Corporation
- Venue: Cape Town Convention Centre
Responsible Investing Programme for investors. Built as part of a European Commission backed initiative, this programme has been developed ‘by investors, for investors’. It aims to help you better understand company value through identifying, analysing and integrating sustainability considerations, including environmental, social and governance (ESG) information into the investment process.
The course is the first of its kind, delivered in-person with your peers and seasoned professionals. It offers an intensive, interactive training experience with six modules over a two-day period and culminates in a case study to put into practice the learning outcomes, together with supplementary reading materials. Core modules include:
- Managing your responsibilities as an investment professional
- Responsible investment analysis and corporate valuation
- Integrating sustainability considerations into the investment process
- Strategies of stewardship and engagement
- Managing proxy voting and the accountability chain
Click here to see the full programme agenda.
To register for the Responsible Investing Programme, click here or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Responsible Investing Programme, 3-4 October
Friday 4 October 2013 08:30 -10:30
Module 4: Reporting: obligation and disclosure
- • Responsible investment codes (CRISA, King III, ICGN, PRI)
- • When, where and how to disclose on responsible investing practices
- • Aligning asset owner expectations with investment manager strategy and performance (Model Mandate)
- • Developing and implementing your own voting guidelines
- • Stakeholder inclusivity and communication
- • Responsible investing and policy makers – how to shape the macroeconomic debate
Presenter: Graham Sinclair, Principal of SinCo for Tom Rotherham, Director, Private Markets, Hermes Equity Ownership Services.