A selection of lectures in the sustainable investment space where we have been active. Graham Sinclair and the SinCo team have designed, developed and produced a variety of investment education events. We have designed a Sustainable Investment Masterclass - in day, week and semester-long formats - that have been delivered by Graham Sinclair for executive education and leading graduate programs globally.
- Guest lecture on Sustainable Investment to Babson College undergraduates, Horn Library Room 159 8-9:35 Room 153 11:30-1:05 for Prof Adam Sulkowski, Associate Professor of Law & Sustainability, Babson College, 17 September 2015.
- Guest lecture on Sustainable Investment following the HBS Generation Investment Management Case seminar 10 September 2015 @ 9-10:00/ 10:15-11:30 ENRGYENV 627 Business Strategies for Sustainability by Prof Daniel Vermeer Ph.D @Daniel_Vermeer The Center for Energy, Development and the Global Environment (EDGE) @Duke_EDGE at Duke University's Fuqua School of Business @DukeFuqua https://centers.fuqua.duke.edu/edgenotes/
- 7th Annual ARCS Research Conference will be hosted by the Kellogg School of Management at Northwestern University in Chicago, Illinois, 13-15 May 2015. CALL for papers <9 January 2015.
- 13th International Workshop on Pensions, Insurance and Savings hosted by Prof Najat El Mekkaoui at the University Paris Dauphine in Paris, France on 28-29 May 2015.
- Baruch College/CUNY | Zicklin School Of Business Impact Investing Workshop Thursday 11 December 12:30-2PM Hosted by Sustainable Business Club (SBC) and the Zicklin Women in Business (ZWIB) Baruch College/CUNY | Zicklin School Of Business | One Bernard Baruch Way, New York, NY 10010 ( 55 Lexington Avenue at East 24th Street, NYC ) http://zicklin.baruch.cuny.edu/ >LINK
- Finance & Investment Track Workshop: Beyond Spreadsheets: Sustainable Investing for the 21st Century - FINANCE & INVESTMENT WORKSHOP DURING Net Impact 22nd Annual Conference November 6-8 in Minneapolis, MN, USA @netimpact @SinCoESG @esgarchitect. #NI14. 1PM - 2:30 PM, 7 November 2014. https://netimpact.org/conference https://ni14.pathable.com/meetings/229386 >LINK
- Workshop on Impact Investing to NYSSA Sustainable Investing Committee, NYSSA Conference Center, 1540 Broadway, Suite 1010 (45th Street), NY, NY TBC.
- Villanova Finance Symposium: The Impact of Environmental, Social and Governance Factors on Finance, Villanova School of Business Villanova Room, Connelly Center Villanova Main Campus, PA, USA on Wednesday, October 22, 2014 4:30 – 6:00 PM Networking Reception 7:00 – 8:00 PM. http://www1.villanova.edu/villanova/business/departments/finance/financesymposium.html >LINK
- PRI Academic Network Conference 2014 - Bridging the Gap, Montreal, Canada, 22-24 September 2014 www.unpri.org/academic2014
- ICGN ESG Programme, Montreal, Canada 22-23 September 2014. http://bit.ly/1mMmvBM
- The 6th Annual ARCS Research Conference will be hosted by the Samuel Curtis Johnson Graduate School of Management at Cornell University Wed. May 7- Fri. May 9, 2014 in Ithaca, New York, USA http://www.corporate-sustainability.org/
- Twelfth Annual Pensions and Capital Stewardship Conference hosted by the Harvard Law School Labor and Worklife Program (LWP), Harvard University’s forum for research and teaching on the world of work and its implications for society, will be held on May 7-9, 2014. http://www.law.harvard.edu/programs/lwp/LWPmission.html'
- MIT Sustainability Summit The 6th Annual MIT Sustainability Summit will be held 3-4 May 2014 at the MIT Media Lab. This year the student-run event has the theme of Coastal Cities | Sustainable Futures. http://sustainabilitysummit.mit.edu/
Talking investment in resilient infrastructure, with Prof. Jason Jay, MIT Sloan Sustainability Summit 2014
- Yale-WWF Workshop on Environmental and Social Risk Management of Chinese Overseas Investment, Kroon Hall, 195 Prospect Street, Yale University, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm, April 5th, 2014 by Yale School of Forestry and Environmental Studies http://environment.yale.edu/events/detail/64461/
- Retirement Fund Reforms Masterclass: ESG in retirement funds portfolios, investment policies and regulation 28, Randburg, South Africa, 12 March 2014.
- 3rd GSB Conference on the Business of Social and Environmental Innovation (BSEI2013): “Co-innovation to address wicked problems”, UCT Graduate School of Business, Cape Town, South Africa, 25-26 November 2013. http://www.gsb.uct.ac.za/BSEI Presentation of working paper “The investment case for fighting malnutrition: co-innovating through a cross-sector collaboration ranking the food & beverage sector”. > LINK
- TEDxTableMountain 2013 big idea "Investing As If The Future Matters", 16 November 2013, Cape Town, South Africa. @TEDxTableMtn > LINK. Referenced as "Sustainable Investing: Five Videos to Watch" by CFA Institute, September 2014.
TEDxTableMountain 2013 big idea "Investing As If The Future Matters", Cape Town, South Africa.
Guest lecture to VSB “Global Sustainability Management” course, Villanova University, October 2013.
- Villanova University School of Business Campus Sustainability Day national event by Association for the Advancement of Sustainability in Higher Education (AASHE) 23 October 2013 5-6PM, reception 6-7PM, Villanova, PA USA. http://campussustainabilityday.org > LINK
- "Too Little, Too Late? The Role of Sustainable Investment and ESG", Guest lecture to MGT 2208 - 001 TOP: Global Sustainability Mgmt CRN: 22025 Tuesday 22 October 2013 11.30-12:45 22 Oct, Villanova University School of Business, Villanova, PA USA. http://www1.villanova.edu/villanova/business.html > LINK
- International Corporate Governance Network Responsible Investing Programme, 3-4 October 2013; Friday 4 October 2013 https://www.icgn.org/conferences/itemlist/category/233 08:30 -10:30 Module 4: Reporting: obligation and disclosure > LINK
- By invitation: Industry peer review with Element Investment Managers, Futuregrowth, SinCo and Old Mutual Investment Group hosted at Old Mutual House, Constantia, Cape Town, South Africa, 21 August 2013
- UCT GSB research seminars hosted by Tamlyn Mawa and Ralph Hamman: AfricaSIF.org 2012 Trends Report on Sustainable Investment in Africa - Lessons and Learnings at UCT GSB, Waterfront, Cape Town, South Africa 3 July 2013, 1PM -2PM.
- International Sustainable Development Research Society Conference ISDRC19 - ‘Just Transitions', Spier Estate, Lynedoch valley, Stellenbosch, Cape, South Africa, 1 - 3 July 2013 www.isdrc19.co.za
- Seminar on The Rise of Sustainable Investment in Africa with African Development Bank to MIT Sloan Africa Club and MIT Social Entrepreneurs in Development (SEID), 12-1PM 14 May 2013. http://web.mit.edu/sloanafrica/
- Seminar on Frontiers in Sustainable Investment: Integrating ESG in Growth Economies at 11th Annual Pensions and Capital Stewardship Conference hosted by Pensions and Capital Stewardship, Labor and Worklife Program at Harvard Law School, Cambridge, Massachusetts USA, 1-3 May 2013. http://www.law.harvard.edu/programs/lwp/LWPpensions_about.html
- 5th Annual ARCS Conference hosted by the Center for Responsible Business, Haas School of Business Haas at the University of California, Berkeley, to be held Mon. April 29 - Wed. May 1,
2013. CFP DEADLINE Monday, January 21st, 2013 http://www.corporate-sustainability.org/
- Lecture on South Africa to Villanova eMBAs: The Country Context 1 Doing Business in South Africa, Villanova School of Business, Villanova Conference Center, Philadelphia PA USA, Friday 14 December 2012 4.30-5:15pm
- Evolution of Sustainable Investment - Finance 2340 Selected Topics: The Art of Value Investing, Spring 2012, Villanova School of Business, Villanova University, Philadelphia PA USA, Thursday 13 December 2012 4-5:15pm
- WRITERS' MEETING One Planet MBA Sustainable Business Textbook, University of Exeter, 23-26 Sep 2012 http://business-school.exeter.ac.uk/mba/
- HEC Paris MBA Program @ HEC Paris - Sustainable investment Masterclass MBA Elective, Jouy-en-Josas, Paris, France, 10 - 14 Sep 2012 - MBA Week 37 Monday, Wednesday and Friday
- AfricaSIF.org ESG Masterclass 2012 at University of Cape Town Graduate School of Business, 5 Sep 2012 http://www.africasif.org/2012africasif-esg-masterclass.php
- Investment Planning Towards Low Carbon, Climate Resilient Development, 3 - 28 September 2012 http://einstitute.worldbank.org/
- UCT GSB research seminars hosted by Tamlyn Mawa and Ralph Hamman: What is the State of Sustainable Investment in Africa? at UCT GSB, Waterfront, Cape Town, South Africa 25 July 2012 1PM - 2PM LINK http://www.uct.ac.za/usr/calendar/2012/GSB_Research_Seminar_25July2012.pdf
- Mega Infra-Structure Development: How do we prevent corruption?: The Role of PPPs, infrastructure and Sustainable Development at Institute for Security Studies Cape Town at 2nd Floor, The Armoury Buchanan Square 160 Sir Lowry Road Woodstock Cape Town, South Africa, 24 Jul 2012 9AM - 1PM http://www.iss.co.za/
- Sustainable Development: Expanding Economic Opportunities for Public-Private Synergy - Lead Discussant to the 2012 Africa CEO Roundtable & Conference on Corporate Sustainability & Responsibility (AR-CSR™) Calabar, Cross River State, Nigeria, 28 - 29 June 2012 http://www.ar-csr.com/About-The-AR+CSR
- The One Planet MBA University of Exeter Business School Module on Innovations in Sustainable Finance, 22 - 25 May 2012
- GIBS Board Development Programme: Integrated reporting and sustainability by Donald Gibson, GIBS; Leigh Roberts, SAICA, GIBS Illovo, Gauteng, South Africa, 24 April 2012 http://www.gibs.co.za/board-development-programme/board-development-programme.aspx
- Investment Value Chain and ESG Masterclass for Retirement Fund and Pension Fund Trustees, Principal Officers Association Summer Tutorials, Gold Reef City, Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa, Mon 12 - Tue 13 Mar 2012 http://poa.org.za/calendar.php?action=showevent&id=136
- Gordon Institute of Business Science China-Africa Development Fund (CADFund): The Imperative for Sustainability in Africa’s Resources Sector, GIBS in Sandton, South Africa, Thursday, 3 November 2011
- HEC Paris MBA Program HEC Paris - Sustainable investment Masterclass MBA Elective, Jouy-en-Josas, Paris, France, 19 - 24 Sep 2011.
- AfricaSIF Investor ESG Masterclass, Cape Town, South Africa, 31 Aug 2011 hosted at UCT Graduate School of Business (GSB) http://www.africasif.org/africasif-investor-esg-masterclass.php
- UCT GSB MBA Program Cape Town, South Africa, 28 Jul 2011 - MBA Elective Sustainable Enterprise Guest Lecture on Sustainable Investment
- Université de Genève / University of Geneva in Geneva, Switzerland, 14-16 Apr 2011 - Certificate of Advanced Studies in Corporate Social Responsibility Diploma Module 5: Introduction to Sustainable Investment
- Duke University Fuqua School of Business Investing in a Low Carbon Economy in Raleigh NC, USA, 17 Nov 2010 - Seminar 1 Leading EDGE Seminar Series: Investing in Low Carbon Energy [Sustainable investment Seminar] http://www.fuqua.duke.edu/edge/news_and_events/seminar_investing/
- HEC Paris MBA Program HEC Paris in Jouy-en-Josas Paris, France, 20 - 24 Sep 2010 - Sustainable investment Masterclass MBA Elective
- Université de Genève / University of Geneva in Geneva, Switzerland, 15 - 17 Apr 2010 - Certificate of Advanced Studies in Corporate Social Responsibility Diploma Module 5: Introduction to Sustainable Finance
- The CSR Thursday Lunches© - Can Sustainable Investment help avoid the scandals and crisis seen in the the investment world? Hotel Bristol, Geneva, Switzerland, 15 Apr 2010
- Yale University in New Haven, CT, USA, Monday 29 Mar, 2010 - "Perspectives on Sustainable and Responsible Investing" with Cary Krosinsky, VP TruCost North America
- Cambridge University Programme for Sustainability Leadership Prince of Wales's Business and the Environment Programme in Spier Estate, Cape Town, South Africa, 24 Nov 2009 Senior Executive Seminar: Financing a Sustainable Future - Sustainable Investment in 2009, in Emerging Markets India, China, Brazil and South Africa, and Missing Actions
- Cornell University The Johnson School of Business in Ithaca NY, USA, 15 Nov 2009 Sustainable Investment Masterclass
- Université de Genève / University of Geneva in Geneva, Switzerland 23 - 25 Apr 2009 - Certificate of Advanced Studies in Corporate Social Responsibility Diploma Module 5: Introduction to Sustainable Finance, with Anthony Miller UNCTAD and Stephen Hine EIRIS and Michael Hopkins MHC International
- UniGE Lunchtime Seminar: Sustainable Finance? The Future of ESG in Investment in Emerging Markets, 23 Apr 2009
- University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill Kenan-Flagler Business School [as featured in BeyondGreyPinstripes] in Chapel Hill NC, USA, Nov - Dec, 2008 MBA 865: Sustainability in Investment Strategies seminar series
- Université de Genève / University of Geneva in Geneva, Switzerland, Apr 2008 Certificate of Advanced Studies in Corporate Social Responsibility Diploma Module 5: Introduction to Sustainable Finance, with Anthony Miller UNCTAD and Michael Hopkins MHC International
- Université de Genève International Organizations MBA in Geneva, Switzerland, Mar 2008 Introduction to investment strategies for sustainability
- MIT Sloan School of Management in Cambridge MA , USA, Apr 2008
- MIT Sloan MBA S-Lab Series: Sustainable Investment in 2008
- Duke University Nicholas School of Environment in Durham NC, USA, Spring 2008
- Seminar: Investment Strategy for Sustainability: A discussion with Graham Sinclair, ESG architect and RI strategist, Thurs, April 10, 630-730, Hosted by Net Impact. Sponsored by the Duke Corporate Sustainability Initiative (CSI), a joint venture between The Fuqua School of Business; the Nicholas School of the Environment and Earth Sciences; and the Nicholas Institute for Environmental Policy Solutions.
- Duke University Fuqua School of Business in Durham NC, USA, Spring 2008
- Sustainable investment masterclass: Investment strategies for sustainability: the investment case for sustainability, and what is happening now in emerging markets
- University of Stellenbosch School of Business MBA in Bellville, Cape Town, South Africa, Jan 2008
- State of Responsible Investment in South Africa
- University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill Kenan-Flagler Business School [as featured in BeyondGreyPinstripes.org] in Chapel Hill NC, USA, Nov 2007
- MBA 865: Sustainability in Investment Strategies seminar series
- University of Melbourne Melbourne Business School in Melbourne, Australia, Oct 2007 MBA Masterclass: PRI in Emerging Markets Project
- Harvard University Kennedy School of Government CSR Initiative in Cambridge MA, USA, Spring 2007
- "Investing in CSR: From Wall Street to Main Street", HKS Corporate Social Responsibility Initiative , Visiting Practitioners Series > LINK
- Environmental Leadership Program: "Green Investing for ELPers", Philadelphia, Delaware Valley PA, USA, Apr 2007
- Harvard University Business School in Cambridge MA, USA, 8 Mar 2007
- Sudan Divestment: A Means to End Genocide or a Harmful Practice hosted by Harvard Darfur Action Group
- MIT Sloan School of Management in Cambridge MA, USA, Spring 2007
- MIT Sloan School of Management Sustainability Speaker Series: MIT Sloan Management Review: An investment in social responsibility http://mitsloan.mit.edu/newsroom/spotlight-category.php?c=entrepreneurship
Graham Sinclair + SinCo are a long-standing supporters of Net Impact and its mission to educate and inspire the next generation of leaders in for-profit, not-for-profit, and public sector institutions. We recommend you join Net Impact and move forward sustainability in your sphere of influence. We support Net Impact and encourage you to become a professional or graduate student member. Get involved at http://netimpact.org/
- NET IMPACT 2014 - Breaking Boundaries, Minneapolis, MN, USA 6-8 November 2014. https://netimpact.org/conference
- Finance & Investment Workshop: BEYOND SPREADSHEETS: Sustainable Investment for the 21st Century, Breakout 2, 1PM 7 November 2014.
- Net Impact 2012 conference, Baltimore, MD, 25 - 27 October 2012 http://netimpact.org/netimpactconference
- Net Impact South Africa 2011 launch at University of Cape Town Graduate School of Business MBA program, UCT campus, Cape Town, South Africa.
- Net Impact Launch Invitation: 1st June 2011 UCT GSB 17:30
- HEC Net Impact 7th Social and Sustainable Business Conference: The Challenge: Change, Measure, Sustain, Paris, France, 28 - 29 May 2010
- HEC Paris France 6th Social Business Conference: Our Decision Today, Our Impact Tomorrow 5-6 May 2009 panel on Sustainable Finance? The Future of Sustainability in Investment Strategies
- Net Impact Conference: Advancing Global Sustainable Enterprise, The Johnson School of Business at Cornell University, 13 November 2009, Ithaca New York USA panel on Sustainable Investment: The Role of Institutional Investors
- Net Impact North America Conference, The Sustainable Advantage: Creating Social and Environmental Value, The Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania, 13-15 November, 2008 panel on sustainable investment
- Net Impact Europe Conference, "Sustainable Prosperity – Taking on the Global Challenge", Genève, Switzerland, June 2008, Geneva, Switzerland hosted by HEC Geneve International Organizations MBA, INSEAD School of Business, University of Nottingham School of Business in Geneva, Switzerland
- Investment & Metrics > Investment in Sustainability III > Banks in 2008: Approaching Sustainability?
- Investment & Metrics > Investment in Sustainability II > Responsible Investment in 2008: Investment As Usual?
- The UN and Business - The Start of a Wonderful Relationship? organised by CSRGeneva in association with UN Intern Network Geneva and Net Impact on Wednesday August 8th, 7.30 pm Le réservoir, 62-64 boulevard Saint-Georges
- Net Impact Conference: Building a Sustainable Future: What Will You Do Next? at Owen School of Business Vanderbilt University, Nashville TN USA 1-3 November session on The Market and Information
- Net Impact Conference: Navigating Global Change at Kellog School of Business Northwestern University, Chicago IL, USA